As well as providing a soft and luxurious feeling to furnishings and flooring, being a naturally occurring fiber, wool has so many other amazing benefits when used in home or corporate interior design.
• Color and Texture – Wool has excellent dye holding properties meaning woolen fabrics are available in every shade, pattern and texture.
• Durability with long lasting appearance – Wool is like a spring, it has natural crimp that allows it to return to its natural shape. Its complex coiled structure gives it great resilience against becoming flat and hard.
• Easy-care – The outside surface of wool fiber consists of a series of overlapping scales which means dirt sits on the surface making it extremely easy to remove with a simple vacuuming. This structure also means it does not absorb spills quickly allowing time for them to be easily blotted up.
• Naturally Anti-static – Wool generates very little static electricity. Static attracts lint, dirt and dust so its anti-static properties keep it cleaner for longer.
• Flame retardant –The high nitrogen and water content make wool a naturally fire retardant fiber which is hard to ignite. Wool does not melt, drip or emit fumes.
• Sound Insulation Properties - Wool is a natural acoustic insulator.
• Hypoallergenic – Wool is naturally resistant to bacteria, mold and mildew.